Monday, March 21, 2011

Master Class

One of the best things about traveling on vacation to Nosara Costa Rica is that it is a hot bed of Yoga talent. The Nosara Yoga Institute run by Don and Amba Stapleton is there. It's the school I attended to get my 200 hour yoga teacher certification, Blue Spirit is the Omega site for Yoga trainings and Yoga House is a studio right in the middle of the Guiones Beach business section.

Yoga House hosted AMY IPPOLOITI an Anusara Yoga practitioner. She has graced the cover of Yoga Journal this past January and been featured in all kinds of Yoga based articles in various magazines. She was hosting a two hour Anusara Master Class. My friend Stacey invited me to join and before I knew it we were shoulder to shoulder packed into a studio taking a class from the funny and engaging Amy Ippoloiti.

We opened into grace - and I did a hand stand - assisted - the first one since 2008 when I practiced hand stands with Todd Norian another Anusara practitioner - my arms were toast for the rest of the week. LOVED the challenge and getting to be a part of an impromptu master class in the middle of Central America.

This is Amy demonstrating a pose (or showing off as she calls it).
That's me standing at the end of her right hand ...


1 comment:

  1. Hi Michelle.
    Beautiful little girl you got there. Reminds me of when my little girl was wee.

    You know her...Katee Lee formerly of DAME out here in Brampton. Remember us?

    Well..my baby, now 19 place in the TOP 5 at Yobitv for YobiSing. The only Canuck Goddess in the Top 5.
    http://yobi.tv/yobising/finalists/view/75

    Email me, nagchampasoul-157@yahoo.ca
    lets ketchup.

    Jacquie

    ReplyDelete